Thursday, July 4, 2013

Strawberry-Apple-Blueberry Salsa

I was looking for a light side dish to serve with ribs later today and was inspired by something I saw posted online. (Thanks, Marilyn!) I couldn't find the actual recipe and decided to substitute blueberries for the suggested raspberries and add some walnuts. So, here is my version.

I think it has a nice Red White & Blue look for the 4th of July!

1. Cut strawberries in quarters and then coarsely chop to make two cups.

2. Slice one red or golden delicious apple and cut into smaller pieces. You might want to chop it even more than I did.

3. Add one cup fresh blueberries, thoroughly rinsed.

4. Cut 1/2 cup of walnuts into coarse pieces and then chop into finer pieces.

5. Mix the following thoroughly to make a thick vinaigrette dressing.
     a. 1/4 cup strawberry preserves
     b. 1 Tbsp honey
     c. 2 Tbsp cider vinegar
Pour it over the fruit and stir it together.
6. Chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment