Friday, June 29, 2012

Green Chile Chicken Soup for my Soul!

I had a day off from both work and school today, so I fixed this chicken chile recipe for lunch. Honey and I both really liked it!

Chicken and White Bean Chile from Karen Harris

I used green chile powder that I bought at a local farmer's market and only added 1 teaspoon of cumin instead of the 2 in the recipe. I chopped up an avocado for garnish but we added lots of the avocado.
It took about 2 1/2 hours to finish with cooking the chicken and a couple interruptions, but we have a lot left for those late nights when I get home from school hungry.


I was in a hurry, so I didn't quite get down to mince size when I chopped the onion and red bell pepper, but I like the color of the red pepper chunks in the soup.

It had a definite chile taste, but it didn't overwhelm the flavor of the chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment